Reasonable Accommodation Materials Now Available Online
Thank you to those of you who joined us for our most recent ELR Seminar Series presentation, “Reasonably Accommodating Employees with Disabilities.” Foster Pepper attorneys Steve Peltin, Amy Kauppila and Katie Carder McCoy offered practical guidance to Washington employers on reasonable accommodation of employees with disabilities. The presentation also included the insight of Dr. Barney Fleming, who presented valuable, common sense information on engineering the workplace for employees with disabilities.
Topics included the following:
- Legal requirements under federal and state law
- Successful use of the interactive process
- Harmonizing requirements under FMLA, workers' compensation and the collective bargaining agreement
- Addressing psychiatric disabilities
- Avoiding retaliations claims
Foster Pepper attorney Alexandra Gilliland also provided a brief update on recent employment and labor law developments.
Resources from this presentation are available on the Foster Pepper website, including an audio recording, presentation slides and handout materials.